Main | Encyclopedia | Chat Room | Live the Legend Forum

Jurassic Park Legacy Forums  

Go Back   Jurassic Park Legacy Forums > Visitors Center > Announcements & General Information

Announcements & General Information This forum is for important announcements regarding this message board as well as the rules. Please Read First Before Joining & Posting!

Unread 09-19-2010, 11:04 PM
JPLegacy Owner/Founder

Tyrannosaur has a reputation beyond reputeTyrannosaur has a reputation beyond reputeTyrannosaur has a reputation beyond reputeTyrannosaur has a reputation beyond reputeTyrannosaur has a reputation beyond reputeTyrannosaur has a reputation beyond reputeTyrannosaur has a reputation beyond reputeTyrannosaur has a reputation beyond reputeTyrannosaur has a reputation beyond reputeTyrannosaur has a reputation beyond reputeTyrannosaur has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Tyrannosaur Send a message via AIM to Tyrannosaur Send a message via MSN to Tyrannosaur Send a message via Yahoo to Tyrannosaur Send a message via Skype™ to Tyrannosaur
Default JPLegacy Version 6 - Design Contest -WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

CONTEST WINNERS ANNOUNCED! SEE LAST PAGE!

What's a website without contests? We're holding our own "Design your own header" image. As you all have seen in our version six design we have the random header image that changes on each page refresh we're now offering you the chance to design your own header for JPL Version 6 to be put on the main page. Here's a couple guidelines

- You must be a registered user on our message board.
- You must keep the JPLegacy logo in the template we give you in the same location. Do not re-arrange it please! You will be disqualified even if your logo is great.
- The size of the image must be 890 by 209 pixels (the same as in the template).
- You must save your "finished" entry in PNG format.

Grand prize winners will have a special rank created for them on the message board with their logos in the site's image change code. Runners up will receive a news post acknowledging their status as runner ups and a special avatar on our message board with link accessible only to them for placement on their member accounts. We will accept entries starting tonight and the contest will close three weeks from now on October 4th (JP's arrival to VHS's anniversary for those who don't know!) at 12:00AM Eastern time. You may post your entries in this thread on our message boards here. We look forward to your entries. You can find the templates here in PSD and PNG.

Last edited by Tyrannosaur; 12-04-2010 at 10:26 PM..
Unread 09-20-2010, 01:05 AM
JPLegacy Retired/Honorary Staff

Deinonychus is a glorious beacon of lightDeinonychus is a glorious beacon of lightDeinonychus is a glorious beacon of light
Style: JPLegacy Jungle

EDIT: I am curious as to how many entires there can be per entrant? Or is it just one? Because I have a few different designs in mind, if not I'll go with the best one.

Last edited by Deinonychus; 09-20-2010 at 02:20 AM.. Reason: Change of question...
Unread 09-20-2010, 02:19 AM
JPLegacy Owner/Founder

Tyrannosaur has a reputation beyond reputeTyrannosaur has a reputation beyond reputeTyrannosaur has a reputation beyond reputeTyrannosaur has a reputation beyond reputeTyrannosaur has a reputation beyond reputeTyrannosaur has a reputation beyond reputeTyrannosaur has a reputation beyond reputeTyrannosaur has a reputation beyond reputeTyrannosaur has a reputation beyond reputeTyrannosaur has a reputation beyond reputeTyrannosaur has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Tyrannosaur Send a message via AIM to Tyrannosaur Send a message via MSN to Tyrannosaur Send a message via Yahoo to Tyrannosaur Send a message via Skype™ to Tyrannosaur

Staff are welcome to enter, I don't mind the extra headers being designed. It's two prong to be honest because we need more header images and I want to do more for the site to make it pretty.
Unread 09-20-2010, 02:21 AM

Deinonychus is a glorious beacon of lightDeinonychus is a glorious beacon of lightDeinonychus is a glorious beacon of light

Oops, I got ninja'd just as I was editing my post. I figured it was a dumb question, so I edited in a new one as you were typing your response. Sorry 'bout that. xD

Last edited by Deinonychus; 09-20-2010 at 02:29 AM..
Unread 09-20-2010, 05:54 AM
Compsognathus

Royalraptor is on a distinguished road

Cool i will join, i can use any other background right? and where can i get the JPL logo?
Unread 09-20-2010, 07:28 AM

Zombie Saurian is a splendid one to beholdZombie Saurian is a splendid one to beholdZombie Saurian is a splendid one to beholdZombie Saurian is a splendid one to beholdZombie Saurian is a splendid one to beholdZombie Saurian is a splendid one to behold
Style: JPLegacy
Send a message via Skype™ to Zombie Saurian

I'm gonna start my drawing today!
Unread 09-20-2010, 10:04 AM
JPLegacy Owner/Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalraptor View Post
Cool i will join, i can use any other background right? and where can i get the JPL logo?
The logo is right up for download on the PNG or PSD links actually. Here they are again though:

http://www.jplegacy.org/downloads/misc/dyoheader.psd
http://www.jplegacy.org/downloads/misc/dyoheader.png

To Dein and Das:

As you're staff the likelihood of you guys winning is diminished and the reason being is because you guys are staffers. It wouldn't be fair for staff to win the contest. Regardless you may enter anyways and if I like the logo you will receive an honorable mention if the header is utilized.

Last edited by Tyrannosaur; 09-20-2010 at 10:23 AM..
Unread 09-20-2010, 11:02 AM

That's fine.
Unread 09-20-2010, 06:59 PM
Herrerasaurus

Jerry Rex will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Jerry Rex

Hey guys, can anybody tell me where can I post my header?
Unread 09-20-2010, 07:11 PM
Banned

Giggles Giggles Giggles Giggles Giggles Giggles
Style: JPLegacy

Just post it on this thread.