Main | Encyclopedia | Chat Room | Live the Legend Forum

Jurassic Park Legacy Forums  

Go Back   Jurassic Park Legacy Forums > Jurassic Park Continuity > The Films > Jurassic World News (Spoilers)

Jurassic World News (Spoilers) Find any news you want us to report about JPIV?

Closed Thread
Unread 12-11-2011, 01:55 PM
JPLegacy Retired Staff

Robotpo has disabled reputation
Style: JPLegacy
Default Steven Spielberg on JPIV - "I haven't been active in the last year"

At today's junket for The Adventures of Tintin, ComingSoon.net sat down with Spielberg for four glorious minutes of questions about his adaptation of Hergé's globe-trotting adventurer and we tried to quickly get in a question about their progress on Jurassic Park 4.

"I haven't been active in the last year because I've been so busy obviously on 'War Horse,' 'Tintin' and now I'm currently shooting 'Lincoln,' but right now, it's on the schedule to bring out another 'Jurassic Park."

Unfortunately, when we attempted to find out if it will continue on from the last movie or reboot and start from scratch, he couldn't tell us. "It's just another boring secret," he chuckled.

So yeah, sorry to say that we don't have much to add, although if Spielberg has it on his radar, that's certainly a good sign that maybe we'll see it sometime in the next few years? Fingers crossed!

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=85034

So again, basically no news as usual. I still don't think this is ever going to happen, frankly...

And BTW, why does Spielberg "chuckle" every time JP4 is mentioned in an interview? Is it really that funny to him? Maybe he's anticipating the fan reaction when he announces it'll be a musical prequel starring Shia LaBoof as the young Ian Malcolm; no dinosaurs, no InGen - just Malcolm running amok, singing about chaos to people in 1970's small town America.

On a serious note, does the fact that he doesn't shoot down the idea of a "reboot" mean he's just being cagey, or...? I could see a "reboot" of the original JP unfolding in two ways:

1. More faithful adaptation of the novel, with new actors as Grant, Ellie, Malcolm, Hammond, ETC.

2. Possibly, like the new game, a story depicting the events of the first film, but from a different perspective? Possibly, an adaptation of the unused portions from the first novel, featuring characters trying to figure out what InGen is up to on Isla Nublar while "aberrant forms" have been appearing on the Costa Rican mainland (Bobby Carter, Marty Guittierez, ETC)? Although, I suppose that would be more side-quel than legitimate reboot...

Last edited by Robotpo; 12-11-2011 at 02:25 PM..
Unread 12-11-2011, 02:30 PM
Tyrannosaurus Rex

AllosaurusLover is a jewel in the roughAllosaurusLover is a jewel in the rough

JP the musical. Wow. Anyway, the fact that he chuckles whenever JP4 is mentioned may be because the story is so great that he can't believe it. Think about it.
Unread 12-11-2011, 04:16 PM
Gallimimus

sdp has a spectacular aura about

Well the next movie is clearly going to be a reboot of sorts, whether a full out remake? I somehow doubt it the first one is way too iconic, a direct sequel to the first one, a prequel or just a new movie that doesn't reference the first ones too much are all possible. The only thing clear is that JPIV is obviously not going to be a direct sequel to TLW & ///.

The film is obviously stuck in development hell and 2015 seems to be the earliest we'll get the movie out by.
Unread 12-11-2011, 04:48 PM
JPLegacy Moderator

evolution_rex is a name known to allevolution_rex is a name known to allevolution_rex is a name known to allevolution_rex is a name known to all

Well, I'm beginning to see how older members feel about the endless cycle of people saying they're going to make the film,and then say no. However, his "chuckles" mean two things: He's either getting really tired of people asking, or he's teasing us by not telling us something.
Unread 12-11-2011, 04:52 PM
Gallimimus

Strafer is just really niceStrafer is just really niceStrafer is just really nice

I just wished they would drop the megaton and announce it already.

People would stop asking too.
Unread 12-11-2011, 05:12 PM
Banned

Sandy is just really niceSandy is just really niceSandy is just really nice

So we're still where we were 2 years ago...no where
Unread 12-11-2011, 05:14 PM
JPLegacy Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllosaurusLover View Post
JP the musical. Wow. Anyway, the fact that he chuckles whenever JP4 is mentioned may be because the story is so great that he can't believe it. Think about it.
That would be fantastic...assuming it gets made, of course!

So...2014 or 2015 at the earliest?...
Unread 12-11-2011, 05:16 PM
Banned

Sandy is just really niceSandy is just really niceSandy is just really nice

It seems like they have a story.
Unread 12-11-2011, 05:31 PM
JPLegacy Retired Staff

It seems that way, (or at least, they've been actively discussing story concepts), so I'm not sure what the holdup is? After all, Spielberg's managed to produce a number of projects over the past year, including the upcoming Men in Black III. Seeing as he's (most likely) not directing JP4, is it really that he's too busy?
Unread 12-11-2011, 06:00 PM
Tyrannosaurus Rex

Dinos4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeDinos4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeDinos4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeDinos4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeDinos4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeDinos4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeDinos4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeDinos4Ever has a reputation beyond repute

No, just too rich. When ge first started out, he had nothing. He had to build a career from scratch. He makes a bunch if excellent films over a period of a few decades, and he becomes immortalized as a Hollywood icon. He's a big time producer now, and knows that anything he backs up will draw a crowd, and even if it's crap it wouldn't hurt his reputation.