Main | Encyclopedia | Chat Room | Live the Legend Forum

Go Back   Jurassic Park Legacy Forums > Jurassic Park Continuity > The Films > Jurassic World News (Spoilers)

Jurassic World News (Spoilers) Find any news you want us to report about JPIV?

Closed Thread
Unread 10-07-2012, 01:13 PM
JPLegacy Retired Staff

Robotpo has disabled reputation
Style: JPLegacy
Default Two new concept art pics from abandoned JP4

Previously, we've seen several concept pieces by Carlos Hunate from several years back for the now-abandoned JP4 script by William Monahan and John Sayles. It seems as if two additional pieces have made their way online...I think I'm the only one who actually thought this idea sounded promising and could have been a very fun movie...probably better than JP3! In any event, why do I get the feeling toys of these things would have sold rather well?

Spoiler

Last edited by Tyrannosaur; 10-07-2012 at 02:42 PM..
Unread 10-07-2012, 01:27 PM
JPLegacy Retired/Honorary Staff

Dinoslayer has disabled reputation
Style: JPLegacy Jungle

That would have belonged to a movie franchise of it's own. It's too strange as part of the pre-existing JP franchise and would have probably brought it to Sci-Fi Channel territory. When I think of Jurassic Park I don't picture a bunch of humanoid looking creatures. It's doubtful that this movie would have had T-Rex or Spinosaurus either which have played their parts in making JP famous.

It's my own opinion but no Homocraptors for JP, please.
Unread 10-07-2012, 01:33 PM
Banned

Sandy is just really niceSandy is just really niceSandy is just really nice

I WOULD HAVE PAID SOOOOO MUCH MONEY TO SEE THIS!!!! I would rather have this than TLW, /// and nothing
Unread 10-07-2012, 01:36 PM
JPLegacy Retired Staff

Robotpo has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinoslayer View Post
That would have belonged to a movie franchise of it's own. It's too strange as part of the pre-existing JP franchise and would have probably brought it to Sci-Fi Channel territory. When I think of Jurassic Park I don't picture a bunch of humanoid looking creatures. It's doubtful that this movie would have had T-Rex or Spinosaurus either which have played their parts in making JP famous.

It's my own opinion but no Homocraptors for JP, please.
Well, according to the script review there were some traditional dinosaurs (Pteranodons, Ankylosaurs, Spitters, and Raptors living underground on Isla Nublar), so we could get a mix of traditional and new dinosaur characters. I'm sure they could have found a place for the Rex or Spino in a final draft if they tried.

I can't remember, were the raptors in Costa Rica in our JP4 project a while back enhanced somehow (or a different species) or were they just escaped Raptors that were preying on remote villages?

Last edited by Robotpo; 10-07-2012 at 01:39 PM..
Unread 10-07-2012, 02:21 PM
Metriacanthosaurus

Strafer is just really niceStrafer is just really niceStrafer is just really nice

Well, that looks..different.
Unread 10-07-2012, 02:43 PM
JPLegacy Moderator

Sickle_Claw has much to be proud ofSickle_Claw has much to be proud ofSickle_Claw has much to be proud ofSickle_Claw has much to be proud ofSickle_Claw has much to be proud ofSickle_Claw has much to be proud of

So...that's what a Homocraptor looks like.

"You Ready to Live Dangerously?"-Robert Muldoon.
My Fanfiction novel canon sequels: Chaos Theory (Complete), Paradigm Shift (In-Progress)
Unread 10-07-2012, 02:44 PM
JPLegacy Owner/Founder

Tyrannosaur has a reputation beyond reputeTyrannosaur has a reputation beyond reputeTyrannosaur has a reputation beyond reputeTyrannosaur has a reputation beyond reputeTyrannosaur has a reputation beyond reputeTyrannosaur has a reputation beyond reputeTyrannosaur has a reputation beyond reputeTyrannosaur has a reputation beyond reputeTyrannosaur has a reputation beyond reputeTyrannosaur has a reputation beyond reputeTyrannosaur has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Tyrannosaur Send a message via AIM to Tyrannosaur Send a message via MSN to Tyrannosaur Send a message via Yahoo to Tyrannosaur Send a message via Skype™ to Tyrannosaur

..________
,.-‘”.~.,
..,.-”..“-.,
.,/..”:,
,?\,
./..,}
../,:`^`..}
/,:”/
..?..__..:`../
./__.(..“~-,_,:`./
../(_.”~,_..“~,_..,:`.._/
.{.._$;_”=,_.“-,_.,.-~-,},.~”;/.}
..((..*~_.”=-._“;,,./`./”../
,,,___.\`~,“~.,..`..}../
(.`=-,,.`(;_,,-”
/.`~,`-.\/\
.\`~.*-,.|,./..\,__
,,_.}.>-._\..|..`=~-,
..`=~-,_\_`\,\
.`=~-,,.\,.\
..`:,,`\..__
.`=-,.,%`>==
._\.._,-%.`\
..,< `.._|_,-&``................`\

No. Just no. This is SyFy's territory. Not in JP. Crichton would roll over in his grave, come back and feast upon the writers for this crap. It's a great design, but has no place in Jurassic Park. A movie about dinosaurs being in a theme park setting, dinosaurs as animals. Not monsters.
Unread 10-07-2012, 04:03 PM
Hatchling

Tiranno is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Tiranno

Please God no...

This is just plain ridiculous. It's almost like they don't even know the JP franchise.

Skype: balenaproductions Steam: Steveosaur WiiU: SteveP 3DS: 2750-2433-4741 (just PM me yours!)
Unread 10-07-2012, 04:24 PM
Banned

Dinos4Ever has much to be proud ofDinos4Ever has much to be proud ofDinos4Ever has much to be proud ofDinos4Ever has much to be proud ofDinos4Ever has much to be proud ofDinos4Ever has much to be proud of

AHHHHHHHHHHH! HOMOCRAPTORS!
*looks at arsenal of memes, chooses which to post....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandhu View Post
I WOULD HAVE PAID SOOOOO MUCH MONEY TO SEE THIS!!!! I would rather have this than TLW, /// and nothing
Hell naw!
Unread 10-07-2012, 04:30 PM
Metriacanthosaurus

Strafer is just really niceStrafer is just really niceStrafer is just really nice

Personally I would have taken this.

Closed Thread