Main | Encyclopedia | Chat Room | Live the Legend Forum

Go Back   Jurassic Park Legacy Forums > Jurassic Park Continuity > The Films > Jurassic World News (Spoilers)

Jurassic World News (Spoilers) Find any news you want us to report about JPIV?

Unread 12-19-2013, 01:00 AM
Tyrannosaurus Rex

dance2nite has a spectacular aura about
Default Jack Horner "Feathered Dino's in JW + Scary new Dino details"

First of all, I'm gonna translate the article for whoever doesn't speak italian:

Jack Horner - 7th of May 2013

"Yesterday, I went to Parma to attend the conference organized by APPI, in wich Jack Horner spoke about his studies on Triceratops, related to ontogeny, morfology and possible functions of the elaborate ornamentations common in the skull of ceratopsians. The day before, Jack went to Milan for another conference, and didn't forgot to visit the exhibition of Dinosaurs in Flesh and Bones, actually at Monza. To see again Jack is always a special occasion for all of us, and it's a great pleasure to hear his interventions, that have already become true 'traditions' of our paleontologic association, of wich Horner is Onorary President since the foundation.

"After the conference, as of tradition, the evening continued with dinner, in wich I tryed, in vain, to extort from Jack a list of dinosaur species we'll see in Jurassic Park IV, of wich he's scientific advisor. In vain, since Jack is a tough nut to crack (more than the skull of Triceratops, based off of his researches...) and did not yield to our sofisticate techniques of persuasion, apart hinting about a new phantomatic "scary clawed and toothed" dinosaur. Patience, we'll have to wait for the film coming.However, Jack has mentioned a small, but not marginal, detail on the dinosaurs of the new film, since he has confirmed (disproving all the pile of un-specificated rumors that in the last while has fed a nerd-controversy all around the web) that in Jurassic Park IV we'll see FEATHERED dinosaurs!

A hug to Jack, who I hope to see the next year again in Italy, and I thank Alessandro Carpana and the guys from APPI for this great day of paleo-friendship."

http://theropoda.blogspot.fr/2013/05...n-carne-e.html

I don't understand, Colin said on Twitter "No Feathers"
Unread 12-19-2013, 01:02 AM
JPLegacy Research Staff

Sickle_Claw has much to be proud ofSickle_Claw has much to be proud ofSickle_Claw has much to be proud ofSickle_Claw has much to be proud ofSickle_Claw has much to be proud ofSickle_Claw has much to be proud of
Style: JPLegacy

Trevorrow> Horner at this point.

"You Ready to Live Dangerously?"-Robert Muldoon.
My Fanfiction novel canon sequels: Chaos Theory (Complete), Paradigm Shift (In-Progress)
Unread 12-19-2013, 01:02 AM
JPLegacy Moderator

Mulder is a glorious beacon of lightMulder is a glorious beacon of lightMulder is a glorious beacon of lightMulder is a glorious beacon of light

Horner's talking out of his ass again. Jack Horner is no longer a good source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadshot
They're wrong. If I wanted to be dead, I would be. I don't want to die. I just don't care if I do.
Unread 12-19-2013, 01:04 AM
JPLegacy Veteran

Dinos4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeDinos4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeDinos4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeDinos4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeDinos4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeDinos4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeDinos4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeDinos4Ever has a reputation beyond repute
Style: JPLegacy

Horner's blowing out his ass. He hasn't been 1:1 on the project since Trevorrow's taken over. Feathers may have been on the table before, but creative control is the directors.

"If we could only step aside, and trust in nature, life will find a way...."
Unread 12-19-2013, 01:12 AM
JPLegacy Veteran

Scott Borek has much to be proud ofScott Borek has much to be proud ofScott Borek has much to be proud ofScott Borek has much to be proud ofScott Borek has much to be proud ofScott Borek has much to be proud ofScott Borek has much to be proud of
Style: JPLegacy Jungle

I must confess that I don't believe him. If Tippett's picture means anything, they look to be using non-feathered dinosaurs and then there is Trevorrow talking about nostalgia, going back to the first film and even saying no feathers.

Highly doubtful to say the least.
Unread 12-19-2013, 01:22 AM
Banned

BobGrill is a name known to allBobGrill is a name known to allBobGrill is a name known to allBobGrill is a name known to all

^ All of these are quoted for truth. I don't know what you're so excited about. Also, while I can't speak for everyone obviously, it seems like more people here are against feathered dinos than for them.
Unread 12-19-2013, 01:28 AM
Tyrannosaurus Rex

Demoncarnotaur is just really niceDemoncarnotaur is just really nice

This is really old, and honestly, Horner apparently didn't know too much about JW until a lot more recently.

That said, if Horner demands feathers I am sure they will get a showcase on a cameo Dino, akin to the Compy's in JP3. At least I hope so.
Unread 12-19-2013, 01:50 AM
Tyrannosaurus Rex

dance2nite has a spectacular aura about

I also believe Colin > Horner but thought it was worth posting. Personally I don't want "feathers", the raptors from JP3 is the most I want at best.

Also the New dino could possibly be "Troodon, Allosaurus, Dromeasaur or Troodontid" based on Horner's new comments if he can be believed.
Unread 12-19-2013, 02:44 AM
Muttaburrasaurus

Derelict has a spectacular aura about

We have been over this so many times that I stopped caring. Some dinos may have feathers, other may not in JW. Or none will. The Rex won't be feathered/fuzzy, that's certain.
Unread 12-19-2013, 09:50 AM
Tyrannosaurus Rex

stego611 has a spectacular aura about

all I want is a good JP MOVIE, I could careless if the dino's are scaled or feathered.